After a week’s break Crazy Free Weekends are coming back! We bring more games you requested and a new way to claim them with NinjaKrowns, our free currency which you can collect daily on Kinguin.net.
For the past two weeks we have been looking for more approachable claiming mechanics — something that wouldn’t require you to hurry but make tactical decisions. What we came up with was inspired by your joined effort as bits of this new solution were suggested in your many comments!
How to Claim Free Games?
The games will still drop in batches and on an hourly basis, eight at a time. Now, however, you will have one hour to MAKE YOUR BID.
- First, choose which game(s) you’d like to bid for and unlock individual bids for a small amount of NinjaKrowns.
- Then, choose the amount of NinjaKrowns you’d like put up for each title.
- When the timer reaches zero, the three gamers who bid the highest will get the game. In case of a draw, the bid placed first wins.
- If you make a bid and someone tops it, you can always put up additional NinjaKrowns.
The highest current bid will always be shown, however remember that you don’t necessarily have to outdo it to get the game. Places 2 and 3 win as well.
The winners will be visible in the Winners section so that everything is fair and transparent.
What if you lose a bid? Don’t worry, you’ll get your NinjaKrowns back, minus the amount you used to unlock the bid.
Why This Method?
- It gives you a fair chance. It’s not about your internet speed or luck anymore. It’s about the value of your offer. Timing doesn’t really matter.
- It makes collecting NinjaKrowns worthwhile. Previously you could gather a zillion and it wouldn’t get you anything if you didn’t click at the right moment. Now, the more you have, the closer you are to a free game. Eventually you will win, and that’s for certain.
- It ensures a fair and even distribution of games. If you spend your NinjaKrowns this week, you’ll need to recoup your resources. This is going to take some time. While you are in this ‘natural cooldown’, others will have a chance to spend their NinjaKrowns. This brings an end to situations where one person gets 10 games and another one gets zero.
- YOU decide the value of each game. Why this game costs X NinjaKrowns and that one costs Y? It won’t be our arbitrary choice anymore. YOU will decide how much NinjaKrowns to put up for every title.
- It makes Crazy Free Weekends MORE FUN. There’s a tactical element to bidding. Should you try to get just one game? Or a couple of games, but risk spreading your resources too thin? Should you go for a popular title or aim for a less-known one, hoping that fewer users make their bids? This can get really interesting!
Consider This Weekend a Test
Since this is a completely new way of doing Crazy Free Weekends, we want to approach it carefully. Remember that we are funding the games ourselves. We wouldn’t like to see them snatched by someone who squeezed through a hole in the fence. Let’s see how it works and if we can improve it further. Your feedback will be, as always, greatly appreciated.
And Now… Your GAMES!
Here’s the list of games for the week of 12-14 July 2019. We have a backlog of your suggested titles and the more often they repeat in your comments, the sooner they will be featured in Crazy Free Weekends. Let’s start with the games we brought upon your recent requests.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2
- The Witcher 3
- Dark Souls III
- Nier Automata
- Stardew Valley
- Rage 2
- Diablo 3
- Resident Evil 7
- Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords
- Mount & Blade Warband Full Collection
- Cities: Skylines
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- Rayman Origins
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Edition
- Warhammer 40k Dawn of War Master Collection
- Watch Dogs
- We Happy Few
- Child of Light
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys
- Eternal Step
- F1 2015
- Fallout 3
- For The King
- GRID 2
- Heroes of Might & Magic III HD
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm
- Lust for Darkness
- Micro Machines World
- NBA 2K19
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
- Sid Meier’s Civilization IV Complete Edition
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- Treasure Hunter Simulator
- Tropico 5: Complete Collection
- War Game Airland Battle
When Do We Start?
As always, we start on Friday, 2 PM CET. Share this article to help Crazy Free Weekends grow!
(and remember to collect NinjaKrowns daily!)